Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lead time on a Rear Bar if the website is out of stock?
– Approx. 4 weeks, however as we spend most of our time fabricating, our website is sometimes delayed in stock updates so always best to reach out to confirm!
Can I get a Rear Bar shipped to me? If so, how much?
– Yes, but it needs to be a commercial address, alternatively we can ship it to the closest TNT/TOLL depot to you which is normally the most cost effective option. Please email us for a shipping quote at [email protected]
Can I get it colour coded to my vehicle? If so, how much?
– Yes but it still needs to be powder coated first. We then 2 pac over the top for the best finish, it is currently $595 extra.
Do you do custom rear bars for other vehicles?
– We have a growing range and currently cover Landcruiser 76, 78, 80 and 60 series’, but do not do custom work.
Can you customise my Rear Bar or is the design standard?
– The design is fixed but your accessory arms come with a range of options (wheel carrier, jerry can holder, BBQ box, etc.
How much does installation cost?
– Installation at our Morriset or Gladesville locations is $595.
Do your Rear Bar arms suit other rear bars?
– No, they are specifically designed to suit the Thorburn’s Rear bar.
Do you do custom Water Tanks for other vehicles?
– No. They specifically fit Landcruiser Troopcarriers.
What sort of 12v pump is supplied?
– It’s a handy 3.8L per min pump.
How much does installation cost?
– Installation for the Tank itself is $105. Plumping can be included at an extra cost to an APW vent only. Contact us for a fitting quote [email protected]
Does your water tank fit with a Cruiser Company or Kaymar Rear Bar?
– It fits without any modification to a Cruiser Company Rear Bar. If you have a Kaymar please reach out to us at [email protected]. There are some models that we can modify to fit.
How long will 40L last one person?
– For drinking water it can last 2 weeks, if combined with showers most likely maximum a week. It really depends how much you use as everyone is different!
All items except a tray or canopy can be installed by you. We have handy instructions and some great product installation videos to assist you that are provided at the time of purchase.
Postage is a flat rate for most items.
Shipping prices to local TNT or TOLL depot:
Rear Bar – ***PLEASE NOTE THAT REAR BAR SHIPPING RATES ARE CURRENTLY BEING REVISED FROM 1st MARCH 2023. THIS LIST ACTS AS A PRICE GUIDE ONLY FOR DELIVERY COSTS TO MAJOR CITIES. Email us for a shipping quote prior to ordering**
SYDNEY – $235
CANBERRA/MELBOURNE – $265
BRISBANE/ADELAIDE – $285
CAIRNS – $450
HOBART – $335
DARWIN** – $430
WA – PERTH $394
WA – BUSSLETON $576
WA – GERALDTON $408
WA – PORT HEADLAND $624
** Shipping costs may vary depending on postcode. Email us for confirmation at [email protected]
Water Tank, Shelving or Troopy Gullwing
NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA – $40
TAS – $75
NT – $95
WA – $65
For largest items, like our Trays and Canopies, we will need to confirm your shipping details to have a postage quote sent out. Please note it will generally be to the closest shipping depot for you to pick up as shipping otherwise needs to be to a commercial destination with a forklift. Please be aware that you will need to pay any import taxes that your country applies to imported goods.
Yes Thorburns Products are proudly Australian made and intentionally designed to source local skills and labour.
Yes we have a store at unit 1, 20 Mayfair Close Morriset 2265 with a Tray, Canopy and Rear Bar on the floor for you to check out on your next visit.